Open Lands Rivers and Trails Advisory Committee
Purpose of the Open Lands, Rivers and Trails Fund:
Keeping water in the Colorado River and other rivers for agriculture, ranching and outdoor recreation.
To the protection, conservation, and acquisition of agricultural lands, natural areas, scenic open lands, wildlife habitat, wetlands, and river access.
To the maintenance of hiking and biking trails.
All meetings are open to the public, please click here to view the Advisory Committee meeting schedule.
Eligible Grant Applicants:
Grand County, incorporated municipalities located within Grand County, and qualified nonprofit land conservation organizations as defined at 26 U.S.C §170(h)(3) or as accredited to hold conservation easements by the Land Trust Alliance Commission may submit grant applications requesting funding for the following: less than fee interests in real property, fee simple or water rights acquisition.
Grand County, incorporated municipalities located within Grand County, and nonprofit organizations may submit grant applications requesting funding for the maintenance of hiking and biking trails. Funding for trail maintenance purposes is capped at 15% of the funds available for grant awards.
Partnerships with municipalities or County can also apply.
How to Apply:
The Open Lands, Rivers and Trails Fund is administered by the Grand County Board of County Commissions through recommendations of a nine-member Advisory Committee composed of equal representation from the agricultural, land conservation, outdoor recreation, water, business, and economic development communities.
To apply, please first review the Open Lands Rivers and Trails Bylaws dated July 25th, 2017. These bylaws include General Evaluation Criteria (Attachment II), which all grant applicants should review closely. In addition to reviewing the bylaws, please read the two Resolutions dated August 18th, 2016 and January 26th, 2017.
When you are ready to apply, click on the “Grant Application” located below and follow the instructions.
When to Apply?
August 1, 2018: Applications posted
September 12, 2018: Applications due
November 13, 2018: OLRTAC presents recommendations to Grand County BOCC
Spring 2018 Awards
Trails Projects: $199,164.00 awarded
- Headwaters Trails Alliance, Trail Smart Sizing, $43,400
- Headwaters Trails Alliance, East Shore Trail, $51,300
- Town of Fraser, Fraser River Trail Maintenance, $43,500
- Headwaters Trails Alliance, Winter Trail Grooming, $16,400
- Headwaters Trails Alliance, Phases & Wolford, $21,950
- Grand Lake Trailgrooming, Equipment Repair, $10,000
- Grand Lake Metro. Rec. District, Hiking & Biking, $12,614
Open Lands and Rivers Projects: $1,063,450.00 awarded
- Grand County, Windy Gap, $1,000,000
- Colorado Headwaters Land Trust, Roy N. Enter, $57,200
- Town of Granby, Water Diversion Upgrades, $6,250
Contact Anna Drexler-Dreis (Administrator): email@example.com or (414) 305-8422
Please email completed application(s) and grant report(s) to Open Lands, Rivers, and Trails Advisory Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Bruchez (District 2 Rep), Chair
Cindy Southway (Grand Lake Rep), Vice-Chair
Joanna Goodman (Winter Park Rep), Secretary
Mike Crosby (Hot Sulphur Springs Rep)
Gary Bumgarner (District 3 Rep)
Maura McKnight (Fraser Rep)
Jeff Miller (Kremmling Rep)
Bob Saint (Granby Rep)
Steve Sears (District 1 Rep)
Agenda & Minutes
- 20180111_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20170413_Meeting Minutes
- 20170510_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20170607_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20170810_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20171206_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20180208 Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20180322 Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20180412_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20180621 Agenda
- 20180712 Agenda