What is Old Age Pension (OAP)?
The Old Age Pension program provides financial and medical assistance to individuals who are 60 years of age or older and meet state mandated income and resource guidelines. The OAP program provides financial benefits up to $699.00 per month. Any other income such as wages, Social Security benefits (SSA), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veteran's Assistance, etc. may reduce the amount of the OAP payment
Am I Eligible?
An applicant/recipient’s income cannot exceed the grant standard of $699.00 per month. A spouse’s income is countable in determining eligibility. An applicant/recipient’s countable resources cannot exceed $2000.00 for an individual or $3000.00 for a couple. Some types of countable resources are cash (not spent in the month you receive it), checking or savings accounts, certificates of deposits, vehicles, boats, motor homes, stocks and bonds, life insurance, burial contracts or policies, and secondary property
How Do I Apply?
Pick up an application from our office, call to have one mailed to you, or print an application online. Bring the completed application for assistance and all required documents into our office. Applications cannot be processed without all required documents, which include:
- Proof of age (driver’s license, US passport, birth certificate, state ID card, etc.)
- Proof of US Citizenship (birth certificate, US passport, social security card, etc.)
- Proof of Colorado residency (driver’s license, lease, utility bill, voter registration, etc.)
- Proof of income (pay stubs, verification of social security or SSI, etc.)
- Proof of any resources (bank statements, statements for investment accounts/stocks/bonds, vehicle registration (for vehicles, boats, motor homes), life insurance policies, etc.)
Spanish application available here
How Long Before I Receive Benefits?
OAP applications will be processed within 45 days from the date our office receives your completed application and all required documents.
for more information