The Grand County Community Development Department consists of three divisions, Planning & Zoning, Building & Sanitation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). The department advises the Board of County Commissioners on matters relating to the physical, economic and social development of the county.
Emergency Procedure: Building Permits
Building Permit Application: Building Permit Application & Checklist
- Submit via email if possible to email@example.com
- Planning and Zoning pre-check typically completed at the window, will be completed upon submittal and will not move forward until ALL information is received.
- Submitting in person will be limited to dropping off at the exterior door. Please call 970-725-3078 or 970-725-3075 upon arrival.
Issuing a Building Permit:
- For payments: mail a check to PO Box 238 Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451 or call with a credit card ($.75+ 2.25% transaction fee applies). An electronic check options is also available with $1.00 fee.
- Plan notes will be emailed to you to read, sign and return.
- Permit will be issued upon receipt of the signed plan notes. A copy of the permit card will be emailed to you. The permit packet will be brought to the jobsite at the time of the first inspection.
Inspections will be conducted on a discretionary basis
Emergency Procedure: Planning Applications
All applications can be submitted electronically. Hard copies of the application material will need to be dropped off at our exterior door or mailed to our office at PO Box 238 Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451
Links: Application or Regulations
Please contact us for more information: Call: 970-725-3077 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning & Zoning
Planning and Zoning does work with citizens and community leaders to build consensus on how the County should develop in both the short term and long term. This is accomplished by endeavoring to keep the Master Plan, Zoning and Subdivision Regulations up-to-date. Planners within the department work on these long and medium-range projects while also coordinating land development review activities with various county departments as part of the Development Review Team. The Division also administers the County’s Short-term Rental Program, Code Enforcement, Water Quality Management and makes development recommendations to the Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment and Board of County Commissioners. Planners work closely with other departments including Economic Development, the Housing Authority, Public Health, County Attorney and Road & Bridge to name a few.
Building & Sanitation
The Building Division provides caring customer service to residents seeking a building permit to build new, remodel or make repairs. The Division is responsible for inspection of all new construction and remodelling to ensure the structures comply with local building code and fire codes and is the building authority for the towns of Grand Lake, Hot Sulphur Springs, Kremmling and all unincorporated areas. Serving as the County’s sanitarian, the division also monitors and enforces On-Site Wastewater Treatment System regulations in the County.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
The GIS Division is responsible for administering the Pictometry/Eagleview program. The Eagleview program provides aerial imagery and oblique imagery which is aerial imagery captured at an angle, providing a more natural perspective and making objects easier to recognize and interpret. With imagery captured from four simultaneous directions, we can produce a 360-degree view of every property and parcel in the county. This imagery easily integrates into the County’s GIS data for a comprehensive understanding of properties, land features, topography, and more.