Understanding Mobile Homes

Transferring Ownership

  1. Obtain a Certificate of Authenticity from the Treasurer’s Office in the county in which the mobile home is located.
  2. All taxes for the mobile home must be paid in full before a Certificate of Authenticity may be issued.
  3. If the mobile home is moving out of the county in which it is currently located, a moving permit will be issued by the treasurer and any pre-payment of taxes will be collected.
  4. The fee for a Certificate of Authenticity is $10.
  5. The Certificate of Authenticity and the signed title are then taken to the Department of Motor Vehicles where a new title is issued upon payment of titling fees.


Mobile Homes are taxed separately from the land unless the title for the mobile home has been purged and the mobile home is permanently set to a foundation.