In-person Motor Vehicle Services in Hot Sulphur Springs are available:
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
DMV is closed at noon for lunch and windows reopen at 1:00pm
We are currently facing staffing challenges, which are impacting our ability to return phone calls. We appreciate your patience, in order to improve your DMV experience please consider these options:
- Utilizing our online services, renewals being the most common.
- For questions: using online resources or our in-person windows for more urgent questions instead of leaving a message on our phones and waiting on a call back from our very busy staff.
- E-mail questions to email@example.com
Many services are available online, please see the links below:
Change of Address
Please fill out the form below, print, sign and date.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 970-725-0100 | or Mail: P.O. Box 120, Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451.
Moving to Colorado from out of State? By law you must title and register your vehicle within 90 of residency. Here is what you'll need:
- If the vehicle was titled in another state a VIN verification must be completed. (see below for more information)
- Title assigned in owner's name or current out of state registration.
- Secure and Verifiable Identification: (SVID List)
- Proof of Colorado insurance. Different states require different types of coverage and to register in Colorado you must have Colorado insurance.
- Visit the State DMV website for more information (https://dmv.colorado.gov/registration-requirements)
How to Avoid the Lines
The least busy times are Tuesday through Thursday and not the last week of the month. The end of the day is also very busy. You could also Skip the Trip.
Buying or Selling a Vehicle?
The State of Colorado requires a notarized bill of sale or a bill of sale signed under penalty of perjury in order to transfer title or to issue a temporary permit. The bill of sale below will satisfy that requirement.
Help us Pump the Brakes on fraud by reporting suspected personal or motor vehicle fraud by email to email@example.com. Learn more at www.StopFraudColorado.gov.
All vehicles purchased outside the State of Colorado must have a VIN inspection prior to being titled.
Click Here for VIN Inspections
The Motor Vehicle Department is responsible for the titling and registration of all types of motor vehicles. Register, title, or renew:
For additional information visit the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles.