Temporary Food at Special Events

Grand County implemented a Temporary Food at Special Events permitting program in 2023. Grand County is home to many special events throughout the year and if food vendors are going to be present then the event and vendors are subject to temporary food permitting. For any questions please reach out and we are happy to assist! E-mail us at ehinfo@co.grand.co.us or give us a call at 970-725-3288

Event Coordinators

Event Coordinators are required to submit an Event Coordinator application at least 30 days prior to the event taking place, applications received after that window will be subject to a late fee. The event coordinator application describes the dates/times of the event, number of visitors expected, list of vendors, explanation of water and wastewater disposal options and description of toilet facilities. Completion of this application is only required for temporary events that will have food vendors. 

Event Coordinator Application

Food Vendors

Food Vendors are required to submit a Food Vendor application at least 10 days prior to the event taking place, applications received after that window will be subject to a late fee. The vendor application describes what events vendor will be participating in, menu, food safety practices, commissary agreement, booth layout etc. Vendors only have to submit one application per calendar year as long as the menu, processes, and equipment do not change. If you wish to change your menu, processes, or equipment you must get approval from the Grand County Environmental Health Department prior to making the change. Once the application is reviewed and approved, a temporary event permit will be issued to the vendor that is valid for one calendar year. Please send completed applications to EHinfo@co.grand.co.us or print it out and mail it to the address at the top of application.

Food Vendor Application

Grand County Commissary Agreement

Food Vendor License/Permit Types in Grand County

Do I need a temporary food vendor permit? Flow Chart

Temporary Event Food Vendor Guidelines

Non-Profit Vendors

Non-Profit- Per CRS 25-4-1607 (9)(a) a non-profit license may be issued in the following circumstances: I. Public or nonpublic school for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade or any portion thereof; II. Penal institution; III. Nonprofit organization that provides food solely to people who are food insecure, including, but not limited to, a soup kitchen, food pantry, or home delivery service; and IV. Local government entity or nonprofit organization that donates, prepares, or sells at a special event, including, but not limited to, a school sporting event, firefighters’ picnic, or church supper, that takes place in the county in which the local government entity or nonprofit organization resides or is principally located.

Cottage Food Vendors

Cottage Food- In 2012 the Colorado Cottage Foods Act was passed (SB12-048). The act allows for the direct sale of certain  foods (cupcakes, eggs, pickled items) prepared in a private home without a retail food license. Cottage food vendors can only sell certain foods, products must have specific labeling and the operator must demonstrate formal food safety training. No fee is charged so long as vendor meets these criteria. Application process verifies vendor has met criteria and provides an opportunity to interact with vendors and offer additional education if welcomed. For more information please see CDPHE Cottage Foods Act.


GCEH Fee Schedule