Planning Commissioners help develop and adopt master plans, are essential in providing expertise on growth policies and specific planning and land issues, and help protect our water and environment. A representative from each of the three Commissioner districts is sought for a three-year term. Meetings are one time / month, and pay $100 / meeting.
All meetings are held at the Grand County Administration Building, Board of Commissioner's Hearing Room located on the 2nd floor, 308 Byers Avenue, Hot Sulphur Springs, CO. They occur on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View All Agendas and Minutes
The Grand County Planning Commission consists of nine members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. Each commissioner appoints three members from their district to serve a three-year term.
District I: Richard Cimino, Commissioner
- Shaun Mullahey
- Bob Gnuse
- Loreta Silverio
District II: Merrit Linke, Commissioner
- Ryan McNertney
- Deborah Fitch
- Lynn Adams
District III: Randal F. George, Commissioner
- Brad White
- Kim Shepton
- Chris Murphy
The Planning Commission is responsible for reviewing staff recommendations regarding land use proposals within the unincorporated portions of Grand County and issuing a recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners.
The Planning Commission is also responsible for the following:
- Prepare Master Plan: To prepare or cause to be prepared or amended the Master Plan, or any element or portion thereof, for adoption by the Planning Commission. The Grand County Planning Commission shall be responsible for the preparation, adoption, and amendment of the countywide Master Plan.
- Recommend amendments to the text of these Land Use Regulations: To initiate, hear, review, consider and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners to approve or disapprove applications to amend the text of these regulations.
- Recommend amendments to Official Zone District Map: To initiate, hear, review, consider, and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners to approve or disapprove amendments to the Official Zone District Map.
- Special Uses: To hear, review, consider, and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners to approve, approve with conditions, or deny special use permits.
- Subdivision, Subdivision Exemption, Outright Exemption, Planned Unit Development (PUD), and Rural Land Use: To hear, review, consider, and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners to approve, approve with conditions, or disapprove applications for a development permit for sketch /preliminary/final plans for the subdivision.
- Grand County Zoning Regulations
- Grand County Master Plan
- Outright Exemption
- Planned Unit Development (PUD)
- Subdivision Exemption
- Rural Land Use Regulations