- Boards & Committees
- Board of County Commissioners
Board of County Commissioners
The Board of County Commissioners meets on the first four Tuesdays of each month. These meetings can, on occasion, be moved to Monday due to scheduling conflicts.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
About the Board
Grand County is governed by a three-member Board of County Commissioners as mandated by the Colorado State Constitution:
- District 1 - Commissioner Richard Cimino
- District 2 - Commissioner Merrit Linke
- District 3 - Commissioner Randy George
Commissioners are elected at large, and each represents the district of the county in which they reside for four-year staggered terms.
The Board of County Commissioners is the primary policy-making body for the County and is responsible for the county’s administrative and budgetary functions. While, generally, boards have only those powers specifically conferred by the State General Assembly, courts have held that they have such implied powers as may be necessary to carry out their specified powers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Constitutionally, the Board sits as the County Board of Equalization
- Fills all vacancies in County offices other than those for County Commissioner and for Public Trustee
- Exercises all powers of the county, as a legal entity, as the Board of County Commissioners and not as individual members
- In Grand County, the Board of County Commissioners sits as the Grand County Housing Authority Board, the Grand County Board of Human Services, as well as the Grand County Board of Health.