When retracing grand county railroad right of ways, consider the following:
- The county surveyor is not the official railroad records repository. For additional information, contact union pacific railroad:
UPRR Mapping Services
1416 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68179
- Do not spiral right of way curves, only the tracks are spiraled.
- Mainline curved tracks are not centered on right of way.
- Do not 3-point a curve along centerline tracks.
- Look for monuments called for in plans, such as t-bars, concrete monuments, and other features first.
- Look for existing local monumentation.
- Locate the center of track tangents, filet in right of way with simple curves.
To view the maps, please accept these terms by clicking "I Accept" below.