The Grand County Sheriff detention facility is responsible and entrusted with the care and safekeeping of all prisoners, both sentenced and those awaiting trial, that are incarcerated in the facility. The jail has 50 adult beds. We also have the ability to operate the county work-release program out of our facility.
All inmates are issued an inmate handbook upon entering the facility that details inmates rights and responsibilities.
Now Hiring Detention Deputies
Detentions Deputies work 12 hour shifts for a total of seven days in a two week period which allows you to enjoy three days off one week and four days off the next to take part in all of the recreational opportunities that Grand County has to offer. We cover the clock 24 hours a day with 12 hour shifts and every three months shift assignments are changed. Time and a half overtime is paid for all hours worked over 80. All uniforms and equipment are provided. There are frequent overtime shifts available as well as opportunities to do out-of-state extraditions and in-state transports of inmates. For those interested in career advancement, Detentions Deputies have numerous opportunities including becoming an agency instructor in fields like firearms and arrest control as well as the opportunity to apply for the Patrol Division after working 12 – 24 months in the Jail and if selected, attend an in-state police academy to obtain a POST certification and work in the Patrol Division of the Sheriff’s Office.
|Day||Type of Inmate||Times|
|Wednesday||Males||7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Females||9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.|
|Saturday / Sunday||Males||10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. / 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Females||9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. / 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Please Call to make a reservation 970-725-3343 ext 3 to speak to a detention deputy
DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS AND SAFTY OF OUR INMATES WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING VISITORS AT THIS TIME.
- Inmates are allowed one 30 minute visit on each visiting day.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age unless accompanied by an adult or visiting a parent.
- All visitors must have a picture ID and be cleared for warrants through the detention deputy on duty.
- Visits are first come, first served - you may not reserve a specific time.
- You may bring in cash for an inmate.
Mail must be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. It will not be accepted if it is hand-delivered. Mail should be addressed to the inmate and sent to:
Grand County Jail , P.O. Box 48 , Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451
- Name and return address should be on all incoming envelopes.
- Do not send cash - Use money order or cashier's check only.
Inmate Phone Calls
- Inmates have collect-call phones in their cell blocks.
- Inmates may purchase a $5, $10, or $20 phone card from the facility commissary.
- Messages will only be delivered to an inmate in a verifiable emergency.