The Grand County Sheriff detention facility is responsible and entrusted with the care and safekeeping of all prisoners, both sentenced and those awaiting trial, that are incarcerated in the facility. The jail has 50 adult beds. We also have the ability to operate the county work-release program out of our facility.
Now Hiring Detention Deputies
Call 970-725-3343 for questions or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All inmates are issued an inmate handbook upon entering the facility that details inmates rights and responsibilities.
|Day||Type of Inmate||Times|
|Wednesday||Males||7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.|
|Females||9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.|
|Saturday / Sunday||Males||10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. / 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Females||9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. / 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
- Inmates are allowed one 30 minute visit on each visiting day.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age unless accompanied by an adult or visiting a parent.
- All visitors must have a picture ID and be cleared for warrants through the detention deputy on duty.
- Visits are first come, first served - you may not reserve a specific time.
- You may bring in cash for an inmate.
Mail must be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. It will not be accepted if it is hand-delivered. Mail should be addressed to the inmate and sent to:
Grand County Jail , P.O. Box 48 , Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451
- Name and return address should be on all incoming envelopes.
- Do not send cash - Use money order or cashier's check only.
- Inmates have collect-call phones in their cell blocks.
- Inmates may purchase a $5, $10, or $20 phone card from the facility commissary.
- Messages will only be delivered to an inmate in a verifiable emergency.