Child Support Enforcement
The mission of the Colorado Child Support Enforcement (CSE) Program is to assure that all children receive financial and medical support from both parents. This is accomplished by locating each parent, establishing paternity and support obligations, and enforcing those obligations.
The CSE Program puts children first by helping both parents assume responsibility for the economic and social well-being, health, and stability of their children. We recognize that children benefit from positive, ongoing relationships with both parents.
Visit the Colorado Division of CSE website for information about how to start a case, how support payments are calculated, making and receiving payments, and other helpful information.
Start a CSE Case
Obtain and complete an application. Applications can be:
- Mailed to you by calling 970-725-3331 to provide a mailing address
- Found online
- Picked up in person at:
620 Hemlock St.
Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451
- There will be a one-time $20 application fee. If you receive Colorado Works / Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), you will be automatically referred to the CSE office and will not be required to pay an application fee.
- Return the completed application and all required documents to our office either in person or by mail. Applications may be delayed if you do not provide the necessary documents, which include:
- Copies of state issued birth certificates for all children.
- Copies of Social Security cards for all children.
- Copy of your ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID, etc.).
- A photograph of the other parent, if available (this will be returned to you).
- Verification of your income (pay stubs, tax return, etc.).
- Copy of a marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Copies of any court orders signed by a judge or magistrate (examples include; petition and/or divorce decree, separation agreement, paternity orders, certified copy of child and/or spousal support order, order of allocation of parental rights, order terminating parental rights, etc.).
Family Support Registry (FSR) Customer Service Department
Mail Payments to:
P.O. Box 2171
Denver, CO 80201-2171
Courier Services and Overnight Express Payments to:
1550 Larimer St.
Denver, CO 80202-1610
Metro Denver: 303-299-9123
8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Mountain Time)