Open Lands Rivers and Trails Advisory Committee
Purpose of the Open Lands, Rivers and Trails Fund:
Keeping water in the Colorado River and other rivers for agriculture, ranching and outdoor recreation.
To the protection, conservation, and acquisition of agricultural lands, natural areas, scenic open lands, wildlife habitat, wetlands, and river access.
To the maintenance of hiking and biking trails.
All meetings are open to the public, please click here to view the Advisory Committee meeting schedule.
Eligible Grant Applicants:
Grand County, incorporated municipalities located within Grand County, and qualified nonprofit land conservation organizations as defined at 26 U.S.C §170(h)(3) or as accredited to hold conservation easements by the Land Trust Alliance Commission may submit grant applications requesting funding for the following: less than fee interests in real property, fee simple or water rights acquisition.
Grand County, incorporated municipalities located within Grand County, and nonprofit organizations may submit grant applications requesting funding for the maintenance of hiking and biking trails. Funding for trail maintenance purposes is capped at 15% of the funds available for grant awards.
Partnerships with municipalities or County can also apply.
How to Apply:
The Open Lands, Rivers and Trails Fund is administered by the Grand County Board of County Commissions through recommendations of a nine-member Advisory Committee composed of equal representation from the agricultural, land conservation, outdoor recreation, water, business, and economic development communities.
To apply, please first review the Open Lands Rivers and Trails Bylaws dated December 4th, 2018. These bylaws include General Evaluation Criteria (Attachment II), which all grant applicants should review closely. In addition to reviewing the bylaws, please read the two Resolutions dated August 18th, 2016 and January 26th, 2017. Trails groups, please review the Trails FAQ document, accessed by clicking here. When you are ready to apply, please click on the Grant Application below (note: make sure you are using the most current version of the application 12/13/18).
When to Apply?
Spring 2019 Grant Cycle
January 2, 2019: Applications posted
February 20, 2019: Applications due
March 26, 2019: OLRTAC makes recommendations to Grand County BOCC
Fall 2019 Grant Cycle
August 14, 2019: Applications posted
September 25, 2019: Applications due
November 4, 2019: OLRTAC makes recommendations to Grand County BOCC
Fall 2018 Awards
Trails Projects: $112,681.00 awarded
- Headwaters Trails Alliance, Countywide Adopt-A-Trail Program, $11,361
- Headwaters Trails Alliance, Idlewild Gateway Project, $15,440
- Headwaters Trails Alliance, Fraser Valley Trail Smart Sizing, $34,700
- Grand Lake Metro. Rec. District, Nordic and Hiking Trails, $33,200
- Snow Mountain Ranch, Nine Mile Trail, $17,980
Open Lands and Rivers Projects: $16,400.00 awarded
- Colorado Headwaters Land Trust, Granby Trails Highlands, $16,400
Contact Anna Drexler-Dreis (Administrator): email@example.com or (414) 305-8422.
Please email completed application(s) and grant report(s) to the Open Lands, Rivers, and Trails Advisory Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Bruchez (District 2 Rep), Chair
Cindy Southway (Grand Lake Rep), Vice-Chair
Joanna Goodman (Winter Park Rep), Secretary
Mike Crosby (Hot Sulphur Springs Rep)
Gary Bumgarner (District 3 Rep)
Maura McKnight (Fraser Rep)
Jeff Miller (Kremmling Rep)
Bob Saint (Granby Rep)
Steve Sears (District 1 Rep)
Agenda & Minutes
- 20180111_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20170413_Meeting Minutes
- 20170510_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20170607_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20170810_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20171206_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20180208 Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20180322 Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20180412_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20180621_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20180712_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20181004_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20181025_Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- 20181213_Agenda and Meeting Minutes