Open Lands Rivers and Trails Advisory Committee
All meetings are open to the public, please click here to view the Advisory Committee meeting schedule.
Purpose of the Open Lands, Rivers and Trails Fund:
- Keeping water in the Colorado River and other rivers for agriculture, ranching and outdoor recreation.
- To the protection, conservation, and acquisition of agricultural lands, natural areas, scenic open lands, wildlife habitat, wetlands, and river access.
- To the maintenance of hiking and biking trails.
Eligible Grant Applicants:
- Grand County, incorporated municipalities located within Grand County, and qualified nonprofit land conservation organizations as defined at 26 U.S.C §170(h)(3) or as accredited to hold conservation easements by the Land Trust Alliance Commission may submit grant applications requesting funding for the following: less than fee interests in real property, fee simple or water rights acquisition.
- Grand County, incorporated municipalities located within Grand County, and nonprofit organizations may submit grant applications requesting funding for the maintenance of hiking and biking trails. Funding for trail maintenance purposes is capped at 15% of the funds available for grant awards.
- Partnerships with municipalities or County can also apply.
Please Read Before Applying:
To apply, please first review the Open Lands Rivers and Trails Bylaws dated December 4th, 2018. These bylaws include General Evaluation Criteria (Attachment II), which all grant applicants should review closely. In addition to reviewing the bylaws, please read the two Resolutions dated August 18th, 2016 and January 26th, 2017.
Open Lands & Rivers Grants Information:
- Grant Ranking Criteria for Open Lands Grants
- Grant Ranking Criteria for River Grants
- Please review section VII.D. in the August 18, 2016 resolution carefully before applying.
Trail Grants Information:
- Please review the information sheet on Trails grants before applying, which can be accessed by clicking here.
- Grant Ranking Criteria for Trails Grants
Spring 2021 Grant Cycle
February 1, 2021: Applications posted
March 5, 2021: Applications due
April 13, 2021: OLRTAC makes recommendations to Grand County BOCC
Fall 2021 Grant Cycle
August 9, 2021: Applications posted
September 10, 2021: Applications due
October 12, 2021: OLRTAC makes recommendations to Grand County BOCC
If you received a grant award during the Spring 2020 grant cycle, you must submit a final grant report no later than March 1, 2021 (or as determined by the MOU with Grand County) to be considered eligible to apply for the Spring 2021 grant cycle.
Contact Anna Drexler-Dreis (Administrator): firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 531-1171.
Please email completed application(s) and grant report(s) to the Open Lands, Rivers, and Trails Advisory Committee at email@example.com. Receive updates by following us on Facebook by clicking here.
Advisory Committee Members
The Open Lands, Rivers and Trails Fund is administered by the Grand County Board of County Commissioners through recommendations of a nine-member Advisory Committee composed of equal representation from the agricultural, land conservation, outdoor recreation, water, business, and economic development communities.
Mike Crosby (Hot Sulphur Springs Rep), Chair
Paul Bruchez (District 2 Rep), Vice-Chair
Cindy Southway (Grand Lake Rep), Treasurer
Joanna Goodman (Winter Park Rep), Secretary
Maura McKnight (Fraser Rep)
Jeff Miller (Kremmling Rep)
Bob Saint (Granby Rep)
Stacy Starr (District 1 Rep)
Wendy Thompson (District 3 Rep)
Anna Drexler-Dreis (Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Agenda & Minutes
Spring 2018 Awarded Grants
- CHLT--Roy N. Enter
- Grand County--Windy Gap
- Grand Lake Metro Rec District--Hiking and Biking Trail System
- Grand Lake Trailgroomers--Equipment Repair
- HTA--East Shore Trail
- HTA--Phases and Wolford
- HTA--Trail Smart Sizing
- HTA--Winter Trail Grooming
- Town of Fraser--Fraser River Trail
- Town of Granby--Diversion Upgrades