Retail Food Establishments

COVID19 Related Restaurant Closure

Training Resources:

Employee Daily Symptom Screening (CDPHE): Video and webpage

also available in these languages: Español | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | Soomaali | العربية | नेपाली

ServSafe Free Courses (National Restaurant Association): Free Food Handler through May 31st, also ServSafe Takeout and Delivery: COVID-19 Precautions and ServSafe Reopening Guidance: COVID-19 Precautions

Available in English and Spanish

Yelp - Free Waitlist and Reservations through May 25th:

Yelp has made some of their services for managing incoming calls and order notification free of charge for up to 3 months. Contact them for details

National Restaurant Association General COVID19 Resources:

Current Public Health Order Guidance: 

Opening, Remodeling, or Transferring Ownership of a Retail Food Establishment (Restaurant, Food Truck, Grocery, or Catering)

GCPH continues to process applications for new facilities as needed. Contact for more details.

If you are interested in opening a new facility, remodeling an existing facility, or transferring ownership of a current facility, download the appropriate plan review forms. State statute requires plans be submitted to this department prior to any substantial alteration to premises or menu. 

Find Forms Here

There is a minimum 14 day processing time for all plan review applications. This may not include additional licensing steps after plan review.

If you have any questions about which form to use, or how to fill them out, contact us. Please keep in mind for your timeline that there are several steps after application prior to licensing, which may include a pre-operational inspection as necessary. 

Scan and submit your paperwork via email to, OR by mail, along with a $100 application fee. The fee can be mailed, or paid over the phone. 

Plan reviews initiated after January 1, 2020 will also be assessed a $50 plan review fee. 

To pay by credit card or e-check over the phone, call our office during business hours at (970) 725-3288. There is a $1 processing fee for e-check, and a $0.75 + 2.25% processing fee for credit cards.  

2019 Season Temporary Event Permits

Earlier this year Grand County Public Health announced the intention to create a temporary event licensing program. We are currently in the process of building policies and procedures across all aspects of program management, including events. 

For the 2019 season, Grand County will have no formal permitting process for retail food booths at temporary events. 

*Mobile food trucks still fall under statewide licensing requirements; see below.

We will be developing a program through field data collection, gathering stakeholder feedback, and holding public meetings to discuss potential fee structures. We hope to have a permitting process in place by 2020. Stay tuned for more details!

Report a Concern with a Retail Food Establishment

To report a concern with a restaurant, grocery store, or other retail food establishments, use our online form. Please note that if you wish to report the concern anonymously using the form, you cannot be signed in. 

Go to the Online Form

You may also email or call us at (970) 725-3792.