Environmental Health

Grand County Environmental Health focuses on the relationships between people and their environment; promotes human health and well-being; and fosters healthy and safe communities.

Questions and Concerns

Please reach out to Environmental Health with questions or concerns. E-mail EHinfo@co.grand.co.us or call us at (970) 725-3288. 

To report a confirmed or suspected case of a foodborne illness after eating in Grand County, Colorado please report using our secure online report form.

Consumer Protection

The Consumer Protection program oversees the health and safety of our community's restaurants, child care centers, and schools.

Air Quality

The Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality program includes topics such as radon exposure and mold within our indoor environments and outdoor air quality monitoring sensors. 

Private Wells

Our county's water quality impacts our drinking water through private drinking wells and proper maintenance of OWTS (onsite wastewater treatment systems). 

Animal-Related Diseases

Several diseases in Colorado can be transmitted from animals to humans, learn more on diseases specific to our area.

Healthy Homes

The average person spends a majority of their time inside their home. Therefore, it is important that your home environment is safe and healthy for everyone living in it.