Short Term Rentals
Welcome to the Grand County Short Term (STR) Rental
Short Term Rental Permitting
All property owners desiring to engage in the short term rental of a residence in unincorporated Grand County must apply for a Short Term Rental Permit with the Department of Community Development. These permits will need to be applied for on an annual basis.
STR permit fees are based on maximum advertised occupancy. The fee is $25 per occupant. Example: If your property is advertised as sleeping 10 people, your fee is $250. Fees can be paid by credit/debit or electronic check. Transaction fees apply. (e-check fee $1.00, credit card fee is $.75 and a 2.25% surcharge)
What to Have Ready to Apply
- Your property address. You can find this by using the Assessors site: http://assessor.co.grand.co.us/assessor/web/
- Colorado Retail Sales Tax License number. If you have not yet applied for this license, you can apply online with the Colorado Department of Revenue. https://mybiz.colorado.gov/
- If you only use Online Marketplace Facilitators*, (VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb) and you do not directly receive payments from renters, you will not need a sales tax license. *https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/tax/marketplace-facilitator NOTE: Please verify that the following taxes are being collected. 2.9% State, 1.3% County, and 1.8% Lodging Tax. Totally 6%)
- The name and contact information of two local emergency contacts. These must be full-time Grand County residents.
- Complete the STR safety checklist: STR Safety Checklist
Click the link below to start the registration process. (Please note: you will need to Create A New License you cannot renew the old permit)
SHORT TERM RENTAL PERMIT APPLICATION
Be in Compliance with the State
The state of Colorado requires all short term rentals maintain a Colorado Sales Tax License, post current tax rates, and remit payment of the collected sales taxes to the CDR. Current tax rates for Grand County are: State 2.9%, County 1.3% and Lodging 1.8%. Total of 6%.