Grand County has enacted a Stage 2 Fire Restriction effective at 6 a.m. Friday, June 25.
The following activities and uses are also prohibited under Stage 2 Fire Restrictions:
• Building, maintaining, attending, or using an open fire (including charcoal grills), either in a campground or at a private residence. No outdoor fires unless it is gas and can be turned off.
• The possession, use and sale of permissible fireworks. Only permitted, professional fireworks displays are allowed. It is the decision of the local jurisdiction to host a fireworks display.
• Welding or operating torches with an open flame.
• The use of incendiary devices such as explosives, exploding or tracer ammunition, exploding targets, or rockets.
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building. Dispose of smoking materials in places where they cannot be a source of ignition. Never throw them from car windows.
• Operating a chainsaw without an USDA or SAE approved spark-arresting device properly installed and in working order.
The following activities and uses are allowed under Stage 2 Fire Restrictions:
• Permissible fireworks according to state statute. The permitted, professional fireworks displays in Grand County are allowed.
• Liquid or Gas-fueled Devices: heating devices, stoves, grills, lanterns, fire pits, fireplaces or fire tables that include shut-off valves are permitted when used in an area at least three or more from flammable materials such as grasses or pine needles.
• Fires Contained Inside Permanent Structures: Any fire contained within a fireplace, stove, wood burning stove, or pellet stove designed for and located within a fully enclosed permanent structure.