Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Grand County’s extraordinary quality of life, access to all of Colorado’s best outdoor experiences, the local cost of
living, and easy access from the Front Range make it a certainty that our population and economy will grow over
the next five years. This growth will challenge us if we do not prepare in the areas of transportation, housing and
Working in collaboration with partners, we will reduce congestion and travel time along Highway 40 consistent with population growth projections for the next 10 years.
• The previous update for each item is below the content field
• If you feel an item is obsolete or think it should be rephrased, please make a note of that in the update.
• If you feel an item should be added, there will be a place to do so.
The previous update for each item is below the content field
• Community Development is talking with CDOT about preparing Access Control
Plans for US 24 between Granby Lake and US 40 as well as US 40 from US 34 to
Tabernash. In addition, staff will be looking at projected land uses, lane use buildout
and how that will affect these corridors. Looking to have this effort funded in
2020 or 2021.
• Waiting for more Information
• On Hold: In Progress
• Complete: Chris Baer attended TPR meetings in 2018. Commissioner Manguso and Chris Baer drafted list of State HWY
improvements needed in Grand County for review by BOCC and submittal to TPR
• On Hold
• In Progress
• Complete: State Demographers: 10 year 2029 Grand County population 18,284 (15, 595 pop. 2019)
• Complete: Need to build nexus in order to tie % of Front Range population increase, to increase visitor traffic in Grand County
• On Hold: Section of needed ROW include: Fuller, Susan Pearl Jones Trust and Ron Jones. Need agreement (not argument) with Town of
Fraser on future development or annexation of SPJT and RJ properties in order to acquire ROW
• Waiting for Approval
• Planned to Begin on: TBD
Please upload any supporting documents you wish to provide with this update. If you have more documents than what is provided, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any input or suggestions for the overall results, strategies, or action items for this specific strategic result - please provide your input here. I have also provided a section for input on the entire strategic plan itself. The Manager's Office and the BOCC are hoping to either reprioritize or at the least simplify this plan, your input would be helpful in doing so.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field